1 Timothy 6:6-7

1 Timothy 6:6 But godliness with contentment is great gain, 7 for we brought nothing into the world, and we cannot take anything out of the world


We as Christians should be able to be completely content with just having Christ, however more often than not this isn’t the case. I look at my life and how often I am driven with un-contentment and the desire for more, but this shouldn’t be so. There are however other times in my life where I have been able to just rest in the Lord and when I am doing that He completely meets every want that I have. Not to say that He gave my everything that I wanted, but rather that me gave me complete satisfaction in Him. It’s a sobering thought that “we brought nothing into the world, and we cannot take anything out of the world” so often people goo all their lives just chasing after more stuff hoping that they will be fulfilled, yet they aren’t. they key to not running through life hunting for the next thing to fulfill you for just that season of your life is to find contentment in Christ.


//\\Application//\\


Every time I begin to say that I want something this week I will pray that Jesus will be my contentment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IBS Galatians 5:13

IBS Galatians 3:2