IBS #6 James 3:13-17

James 3:13 Who is wise and understanding among you? By his good conduct let him show his works in the meekness of wisdom. 14 But if you have bitter jealousy and selfish ambition in your hearts, do not boast and be false to the truth. 15 This is not the wisdom that comes down from above, but is earthly, unspiritual, demonic. 16 For where jealousy and selfish ambition exist, there will be disorder and every vile practice. 17 But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, open to reason, full of mercy and good fruits, impartial and sincere.

Wisdom that comes from above… This is something that everyone desires, but few actually have. I am someone who would like to think that I have godly wisdom, but when I compare myself to this verse I start losing faith that I do. For example, there have been countless times when I use my “Wisdom” for my own selfish ambition such as arguing just to make people agree with me. However, when I am walking in the Spirit and asking God for His wisdom which doesn’t seek after selfish ambition everything flips upside down, and what I did want to do I now don’t and what I do now has more to do with loving then proving myself right. Whenever we let God’s wisdom dictate how we speak to others it will completely change the direction in which we speak to them.


//\\Application//\\

This week I will not argue with anyone concerning theology.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IBS Galatians 5:13

IBS Galatians 3:2

IBS #10 Ephesians 5:15-17