Ibs: Hebrews 5:7

Hebrews 5:7 In the days of his flesh, Jesus offered up prayers and supplications, with loud cries and tears, to him who was able to save him from death, and he was heard because of his reverence.

It's sad to think about how pathetic and faithless our prayers actually are. I mean most the time when I pray I am very methodical and use terms like “Dear Lord” and for some reason think that I am ending my communication with God when I say the word “amen.” Not that I am trying to be legalistic and say that no one should say these certain word, but rather the opposite! I think that the Bible proclaims that we need to call out to God with desperation and sincerity. I don't think there are words that we shouldn't use in prayer, but I think whatever words we choose to use our heart behind them should be one of love, need, and desire to know the one you are talking to more deeply.


//\\Application//\\

This week I will take a few moments before praying to mentally realize that I am about to go before the throne of grace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IBS Galatians 5:13

IBS Galatians 3:2

IBS #10 Ephesians 5:15-17