ISB Ephesians 6:1, Colossians 3:20

Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right.
Ephesians 6:1

Children, obey your parents in everything, for this pleases the Lord.
Colossians 3:20


Both of these passages have pretty much the same context and that is an encouragement to the family of how they should treat each other. So there's not much to add in that. But when it comes to obeying one's parents there's a bunch there. While growing up I wouldn't say that I was a very disobedient kid, but I did however look for every way that I could to get around the rule that my parents gave me. That not to say that I didn't disobey, but more than this I was deceptive. Which might be worse because when it comes done to it I was disobeying lying to myself saying that I wasn't disobeying. Any ways I was a kid who would do the right thing while my parents were looking but as soon as they looked away I would be sinning. This happened until I was almost 15 when I decided to give my life to Christ. I'm not saying that I never disobeyed them after that, however it became incredibly my natural to obey them. If I could change anything about my childhood it would be that I would have given my life to Christ earlier and in that I would have obeyed my parents sooner.

//\\Application//\\

This week during my wifi time I will call my mom and tell her sorry for not obeying her more while growing up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IBS Galatians 5:13

IBS Galatians 3:2

1 Timothy 6:6-7