Hebrews 11:6 And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him.
This verse really hits home for me because at times in my Christian life I have had an incredibly hard time having faith. In the past, lack of faith has been one of my hardest battles as a Christian. It seems so natural for me to just not have faith which makes since especially when you look at
Romans 7:18 (NRSV) For I know that nothing good dwells within me, that is, in my flesh. I can will what is right, but I cannot do it.
For me, the thing that I will, is to have faith in God, but my flesh is at constant odds with that. Luckily for me Paul also says “For if you live according to the flesh you will die, but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live. Romans 8:13” in Christ I now have the power to deny my flesh and to walk in the Spirit and therefore to walk in faith. Only when I am in Christ do I have enough faith to take the next step in faith.
//\\Application//\\
I am going to (starting right now) make it a habit to daily focus on the fact that Christ has finished the work and has already put to death my flesh so that I can now walk in faith

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1 Timothy 6:6-7

IBS Galatians 5:13

IBS #10 Ephesians 5:15-17